Thursday, March 1, 2012

I FINALLY SAW KATE MIDDLETON AND THE QUEEN.


TODAY I SAW KATE MIDDLETON, QUEEN ELIZABETH II, AND CAMILLA.
            Today, waiting outside in the beautiful London weather made the months of stalking completely worth it. It was everything I have ever wanted and more. I will give a play by play of the action.

So, a girl in my class named Zoe expressed interest in going with me to Fortnum and Mason to see the three royals go shopping. We had done a couple days of research trying to find out what time they were going to show up because we didn’t want to pull another “Portrait Gallery” stint. Zoe called Fortnum and Mason to see if they could release any information and obviously, they couldn’t. Zoe even called some PR people to see if they had the scoop. In the end, we decided we would meet at Piccadilly Station at 9:30 AM, so we could go to Fortnum and Mason at 9:45 to prepare ourselves.
[Side note: Fortnum and Mason is a very classy tea place in London. The most famous part of it is the tearoom at St. James Restaurant, which had been just recently been redone. The Queen, Kate, and Camilla all were there to celebrate the reopening.]

I got to Piccadilly earlier than Zoe and when I saw Fortnum and Mason down the road, I also saw flashing lightings. I thought they had arrived so I SPRINTED down to the tea place. Well, as it ended up I was there super early. It was the first of MANY false alarms. I arrived around 9:15 and (as I found out) the Queen was not expected until 10 AM. Zoe finally met me and we got prime seats.
Fortnum and Mason when I initially showed up.
In terms of seating, we could have either stood on the same side of the road as where they were going to come out, but it was set far back and it was too crowded. Instead, we chose to stand across the street from Fortnum and Mason and got a very centered spot. The only problem with all of this is that traffic was still going on. We kept on thinking “10 bucks the bus is going to pull right in front of us as soon as the Queen comes.” It was super annoying, but we will get to that later.

As time went on, a band came out to play and they played “G-d save the Queen” and other classical pieces. Moreover, other famous people were showing up. The mayor of London showed up and another guy with a bayonet (I think he’s famous, but have yet to identify him). There were so many ‘scares.’ Like when the paparazzi would start screaming, but really no one was coming
THIS guy with the bayonet and the mayor of London.
Mayor of London + Posse + Paparazzi
Ze Band. 
The crowds coming out to see Kate (and the Queen and Camilla) 
At 10:03 AM, she still had not arrived. I was getting testy. Then…OOOH THEN…a purple Bently pulled in. The first thing I remember seeing is KATE’S GORGEOUS FACE PEERING OUT THE WINDOW AT ME. OHMYGAWD. When they pulled up, Kate, the Queen, and Camilla got out and went straight into Fortnum and Mason. As they were walking in all the cars in the street were slowing down to look. Well, OUR VIEW WAS BLOCKED and we were PISSED. So, what did a crazy mob of fans do? Run straight into the road. Yes, we almost got hit by cars and yes the police were yelling at us. BUT, I got to see more of the royals.

The Queen, Kate, Camilla FINALLY pulling up!!
Getting closerrr....
FINALLY HERE!
When all hell breaks loose- in the background you
can see the royals.
The driver reading as he waits for the Queen.

First thing I noticed is how tall Kate is. She is 5’11”, but with her stilettos on she TOWERED over the 5’2” Queen. Also, her legs were AWESOME. Like…they went on forever and her quads were so FIT. I want HER workout. Also, her hair is so lush. SO LUSH. She has beautiful long brown hair and she went through great lengths to keep it perfect.
Also, she needs to start gaining wait if she wants kids…Kate is SUPPER skinny.
I barely remember seeing Camilla….but who really cares anyway?

The reporter who filmed me.
Once they went in, I was kind of bummed since we didn’t reallllly get to see them fully. Well, a reporter was near by us and told us she would be back in like 25 minutes. As we started talking, the reporter started filming me and asking me questions. “Why are Americans obsessed with the royals?”
Basically, it came down to why I loved Kate and I just screamed, “EVERY GIRL WANTS TO BE A PRINCESS!” She even took my full name down, so they can put it on the screen. I LOVE IT.
I am going to be on TV at 10 PM tonight and I REALLY hope Kate sees it and sees how much I love her! THIS MAY HAPPEN.

While we were waiting for the Royals, the people were getting the plaque all ready for the Queen to uncover. Also, children came out with flowers getting ready to give them to the royals. They were all daffodils to celebrate “St. David’s Day.” The paparazzi kept on screaming at times making us think that they were coming, but really it was just old men. Ugh.

After around 45 minutes, THE ROYALS FINALLY CAME BACK OUT. Gorgeous as ever and THIS time the police stopped traffic, so we could get an awesome look at them. I got to see the royals uncover the plaque dedicated to their visit and see them take the flowers from the little kids. Kate loved talking to the kids and the Queen was just the Queen. After some talking and waving and picture taking, they all three got in cars and jetted off. It was like a dream. As they left, everyone ran over to the plaque to take a picture. I also snapped a picture with the band. Super cool.
Children getting ready to meet the royals.
Lined up for the royals.
Here she is!


Gosh, Kate is so pretty! 
Taking pictures with the plaque. 

Crazy paparazzi  

The royals meeting the children.
Kate living it up with the children.  
Kate doing her hair flip.
The plaque.
I am the luckiest person alive. Not only did I see all three female royals, but also I saw them TOGETHER.  It is more than I could have ever have asked for. 
Kate was amazing, gorgeous, relaxed, and well mannered. All three royals wore blue in different shades and worked well together. Camilla and Kate also seemed to really get along well, as they were often having their own little chats.

When I got back to my room, I then found out that I got my first choice senior advisor at Haverford! My senior year is going to consist of a lot of biochemistry and Rob Fairman. In addition, I also found out that Zach (the boy from Haverford abroad with me) is going to be in the same lab as me! How did that work out?!

On a side note: I woke up at like 6 AM this morning to work out with a friend. One of the British students I met is a personal trainer and today was ‘hamstring’ day. I tagged along with him for his lift and I swear we deadlifts for 50 minutes. My legs are dead.

So, basically I can die happy now. I can officially go back to America happy and with no regrets. But now that I have seen Kate once…I WANNA SEE HER AGAIN! When is the next time I can creep?! Maybe I can run into her casually shopping? Please?

I love the royal family! I just love them! I don’t know why!
I am excited for my senior year! I am ready for a nap! I want to dream of Kate!
Okay, goodbye. 

Me and the band says HELLLLO!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post and I love YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy bananas! This is amazing - and so is Fortnum and Mason! Also, the band members' faces (espec. the middle one) - amazing!

    <3!!!!

    ReplyDelete