Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Beginning of my Blimey Blog

Why yes, this is my first post. I'm sitting here hesitant to write anything because once I begin the blog I must (a) actually commit to writing it (b) come to terms that I am leaving Haverford and the Dirty Jerz. While I usually brush off other people's study abroad blogs and just chuckle at their witty names, I promise this one will not be 'just another blog.' With the combination of my awkwardness, my friend Zach's lifestyle, and my usually bad spontaneous decisions, I promise you this will be a hilarious commentary about my time away from home.

Things to expect from this blog:
  1. Stories about how I stalked Kate Middleton across the country.
  2. Awkward tales about clash of culture. I already feel them coming.
  3. Interesting people I run into along the way.
  4. Accounts of uncanny situations I find myself in.
While this still seems like all fun and games, there is much to do before I can start embarrassing myself on another continent. Packing up my dorm room would be a good start and narrowing my 30 pairs of shoes down to four is next on my list. With my finals done, one would assume this would be easy to do with all this free time? Good thing I am awesome at wasting any free time given to me as represented by the fact that I have nothing ready....and I leave in..what is it....a week?

Well I hope you enjoy my blog. I promise to post and give you just enough detail that you feel as if you are in the story (without making you feel uncomfortably close.)

Well, me and my trusty black squirrel Socrates are signing out and are counting down the days until we take off!

No comments:

Post a Comment